SULLIVAN UPPER SCHOOL PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB 2012-13
Location: Dromkeen Hall (Lower Prep site)
Time: with a shorter session to to accommodate KS2/Senior School pick-up. Please note on the last days of term we will look after children from 12 noon but due to end of term procedures we will close at 4.30pm.
Cost: £9.85 per pupil for a full session, £6.20 per pupil for a reduced session (to 3.45 p.m.)
Head of Prep (Mrs Smith – Admin only)
Supervisor (Mrs Moroney)
Assistant Supervisor (Mrs Burrows)
Second Assistant Supervisor (Miss McGeagh)
Registration: The Club is registered with Social Services and has a ratio of staff:child 1:8
The number of places available will be limited due to staffing and facilities. In order to maximise the efficient use of
staffing and resources, and in the event of over subscription, priority will be given to applicants based on:
1. The number of sessions booked per pupil, with full sessions carrying a weighting of 1.5, reduced sessions carrying a weighting of 1.0
The number of days required per week will carry the following weightings:
5 days per week = 5
4 days per week = 4
3 days per week = 3
2 days per week = 2
1 day per week = 1
2. A first come, first served basis based on the time and date of receipt of application
3. Applications for siblings will be treated as one application, with scores totalled for the selection process
Food: Children will receive a healthy snack and milk/water.
Link with Other Extra Curricular Activities:
Children who attend a “short session” at the After School Club and who attend extra curricular activities in KS2 will be able to avail of the After School Club once their activity has ended, by arrangement with staff.
In September, Prep 1 pupils finish school at to facilitate their adaptation to Primary School education. In order to support this initiative, the After School Club will not be available for their use during this month. This will not affect the application process. (Their first day of After School Club will be Monday 1st October 2012.)
Parents will complete an application form, indicating which days and the length of session required Invoices will be issued at the start of each term, based on the application form.
LATE PICK UPS
The After School Club closes promptly at 5:30pm. It is important that parents pick up children at their scheduled time of departure. Late pick up causes distress for the child and is an inconvenience for our staff who have other commitments. Unforeseen delays do occur and if this happens we ask parents to please notify the After School Club and let us know that they will be detained.
Parents picking up their child after 5:30pm will be given a notice. After receiving one notice, a late fee will be assessed as follows:
- For pick-up after 5:30pm an additional late fee of £1.00 per minute, per child will be charged
A child's place at the After School Club is in jeopardy if late pick ups become a habit (over three late pick ups in any term)
We are delighted to report that in our two recent inspections by Social Services,in March 2010 they wrote:
· “The After School Club boasts an impressive outdoor play area.”
· “A healthy range of snacks was available"
· “Staff and children were patient and thoughtful in their interactions."
Parents’ comments to Social Services were positive and include:
· “A very safe environment, staff are second to none..."
· “Very professional, fun and organised. Always fully aware of what has happened throughout our child's day."
· “Staff very clued into individual child's mood."